Page Street Residential Development
Pringle Richards Sharratt designed a mixed use development in the heart of Westminster by Jurva Holdings. The site is on the corner of Page Street and Marsham Street in an area that has seen much redevelopment in recent years, since the demolition of the neighbouring Department of Environment buildings.
The scheme proposed the demolition of the existing 1930’s public house, with a new building erected in its place, containing an A3 unit on the ground floor and basement, and 14 residential units on 8 upper floors. A very compact central core serves two flats at each level.
The form, which takes the shape of an L-shaped footprint around an open court, was dictated by the need to retain daylight and views from existing windows in the neighbouring Marsham Court and to provide for windows serving the new building. The A3 restaurant will accommodate approximately 90 covers and include a private dining room at basement level.
The building is clad in large format terracotta tiles with the elevation being modulated by bronze coloured projecting windows.